Pick Your Rock and Metal

Monday, March 01, 2010

Machine Head after-show party

After yer ears have been blasted, and yer senses are over-loaded by the aural assault of Machine Head, Hatebreed, Bleeding Through and All Shall Perish there is a chance to chill to some more metal.

The Distortion Project's own James Loveday will be spinning some heavy vibes at the Limelight for an after-show party. A sound way to relax after Machine Head and plan the week ahead...y'know the week with Blaze Bayley, Vader and Dan Reed!

4 comments:

Wayne said...

No bands? Shame. Never been into metal DJs to be honest.

The Ulster Hall is gonna be awesome though!

Even though I'm OLD, I'll still have some PERSEVERANCE and won't be a DEFEATIST, it'll be PROVEN that I can have an awesome time. No EMPTY PROMISES! Even if I take my LAST BREATH, I'll still DESTROY EVERYTHING!

Anonymous said...

The sound in the ulster hall was like somebody playing machinehead on their phone in a jet engine test factory, I have seen machinehead many times and this was a swirling incoherent mess. The guy on the desk needed a swift kicking.

joijoij said...

Heh, I'm glad I'm not the only one. That was pretty atrocious sound. At the end of each song you could finally make out the nice crunch of the guitars. The rest of the time it was just the WUUUUB WUUUUB WUUUUB of the bass/loudness vibrating everything.

I noticed they were filming - maybe we'll get to actually hear the gig on a dvd at some point?!?

Wayne said...

I thought it was fucking superb! Sound wasn't great, no, but it was still fucking awesome.
Especially for free :0)
My voice is still banjo'd.
Fuckin' clahn!