Here's hoping 2006 turns into a fine example of moshing fun for all. Of course this is a time when predictions run rife for the next 'big' thing, so here are mine (of course plagiarised from the pages of Kerrang, Classic Rock and Metal Hammer):
- Metallica will return with a storming new album including solos!;
- Iron Maiden will be re-confirmed as the 'Daddy's' of metal with their new platter;
- Power Metal will return in loin clothes and bad hair thanks to Dragonforce;
- There'll be a resugence of interest in classics such as Lizzy, UFO amongst many others;
- I'll finally finish off a novel and be offered exclusive columns in Kerrang, Classic Rock and Metal Hammer;
- Beer will be drunk;
- Trivium will get ever bigger;
- Mastodon and Bullet for My Valentine will produce boy band style singles with multiple part harmonies....
Ok, that's enough - suffice to say, keep the metal flag flying, the mosh pit swirling and in the words of Lord Het - Bang that Head that Doesn't Bang!